Friday, July 29, 2011

Guess where I get to go today...

It's not school! It's a fab place and one where they have school items not for sale by Target, Walmart, or even the School Box! I'm going here...
I'm so excited!!! It's always a trip and I'm even taking my 3 children with me...I'll update the great finds that I get as soon as I get back!

UPDATE:
I didn't spend too much today...woohoo! I was beside myself with anxiety because I had a difficult time deciding what to keep and what to put back. In the end, I made all the right decisions and can live without the items I didn't purchase.
There were two free items: the reusable bag and the teacher plan book. The All About Numbers chart was the big ticket item that I purchased, but it was 20% off as well as the blue and red caddy that I'll be using to keep my small group instructional items in. I HAD to get the dinosaur pointer (thinking about the boys) because I didn't have one:) The paw pencils with the paw erasers will be used as pointers during small group reading instruction. There are magnets, super kid stickers (for my sight word kings and queens), a white grid poster to record students' sight word progress (they color it based on the lists they master), slinky's (for blending instruction), an apple board eraser, and behavior incentives for super star students who stay on green for the entire week.

I also made sure to get 20 boxes of crayons and glue sticks to get my kiddos started off on the first day of school:) Nothing better than brand new crayons!!!

Whew! Okay, I believe I have completed my back to school shopping for my classroom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
I am enjoying your blog! I also teach Kindergarten in Ga, but I do not have a blog. I am sure that I will enjoy reading your posts! I love Lakeshore, but didn't realize there was a store in Ga. that is a good thing to know.
Have a great day!
mindy
mindy.mchugh@morgan.k12.ga.us

Sandra said...

Thanks bunches!! I really LOVE Lakeshore too! About 8 years ago, my team took a fieldtrip there when we received the Sonny $ (the $100 gift card from the Gov). Until then, I didn't know either:) I would love to go again because I do want an item I put back! BTW have you seen this site? Take a look and let me know what you think.
http://wwps.wilkes.k12.ga.us/site_res_view_folder.aspx?id=05669305-b4a7-4e64-b019-6e85067dde12

Deedee Wills said...

I love Lakeshore! We don't have one anywhere near my house ... ok... none in my state!!!sniff! sniff!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Sandra said...

I'm so sorry! It is a great place to go.